Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My First Timer in Toastmasters Club

Today I do my first ever timer in toastmaster club, I thought I give up to this club since I did not attend for almost five or six meetings, I totally discourage for many reason behind that only myself known, not the time but all about and knowledge that I cannot give to the club, but thanks God for giving me a sign I know its all God's plan for me and for His Glory. Here's below of what my prepared mini speech as a Timer.

"Our Greatest Glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall"

Fellow toastmasters and most welcome guest good evening

Timeliness is a very important part of speech training in toastmaster
and tonight I will be helping our speakers develop timeliness by timing their speeches.

My duties of the timer is to track and record each participants name and time used.

The rules is..
when I switch on the green light, it indicates that the speaker has reached the minimum time.

At the midpoint, I will switch on the yellow light.
At the end of the time window, I will on again the red light. At that point, the speaker will have 15 or 30 seconds to finish.

I will keep the red light on until the speaker stops speaking.

Here's the list of all the participants who below or exceed the allowed time.




Conclusion.

As a timer I learned a lots how to follow instruction and time management, when I switch on the green, yellow and red light. I believed our speaker will also learned by keeping the time and by rising everytime they fall. Once again fellow toastmaster and most welcome guest good evening.

No comments: